Friday, August 25, 2006

Warning: Colored objects in these pictures may seem brighter than they actually are!

Here is the view from the dining room toward the living room:


Now then, who said anything about crimson??? True, that dynastic team unlike any other in its prowess is worthy of attention and honor, and I do have a special place in my heart for them. I only lived in Alabama for a year though, and I hardly think that that merits The Tide a room in my house. This color is "Claret," with one "t." (You Buckeyes hush your mouths.)


The painters made an error that I probably won't correct. The jury is out and The Buckeye hasn't seen it yet. The red wall parallel to the long axis of this picture is supposed to be the gold color instead. Tile flooring is going to run straight down the hallway here and there will be wood to the left in the dining room and to the right in the living room. The column and the far wall are supposed to be red, as they are. What think ye? Looking back, this would make the red wall in the first picture gold instead. I know it's hard to tell from pictures. We'll see.


The mantle stands out more now. Laura wanted to know what was going above it. I think a painted portrait of Tina and Laura holding Madeline would work famously.


My bedroom. I like it even better now that the trim has separated the walls from the ceiling. Y'all were right. Again.


A picture of the trim in The Shrine. I think it looks great! It's going to look even better when I have my autographed Earl Campbell jersey and Ricky Williams Zig Zags framed. I've actually go so much stuff to fill up this room that the walls probably won't be visible in the end. GUN LEFT JACK MENU #2! Angus would want to spend all his time in this room.


current music: Aimee Mann: That's Just What You Are

2 comments:

The Andersons said...

That's SOME red! And the orange is BEEYOOTIFUL with the stained woodwork.
When will the floors go in? And if we went by to see it, would the work-dudes let us look around??

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! That red is BRIGHT!!! I love it!! I am being inspired to paint my house next summer!!!