Friday, November 17, 2006

Ignorance Without the Bliss

I'm not saying that I have a lemon of a house, just a house full of them. So far, making the problem list I have a TV, freezer, washing machine, microwave, and a receiver. I also lost some shingles in the 60mph wind gusts that didn't stop all Sunday night. *Rank Up!* At least when I mentioned the roof, in passing, to Steve he volunteered the builder to repair the roof damage. I had no expectation of that. Stupidly, when you call these Best Buy/Circuit City places to make a claim on your serivce agreement you have to go through a video game-type process of qualifying for the prize.

1. Call the store that gave you the warranty.

2. Call the 800 number for the store's national database and get a claim number.

3. The local repairman to calls you for an appointment to look it.

4. Have the repairman call the store's 800 number to confirm that you'd be stupid to not claim the 30 day return policy.

5. Call the store's 800 number to find out that now you have to...

6. Call the manufacturer because their warranty comes first.

7. Have a manufacturer's repairman appoint to confirm the diagnosis of the store's repairman.

8. Wait for the second repairman to give the manufacturer his information.

9. Call the manufacturer to get a case number.

10. Call the store's 800 number to make sure that they get the claim number from the manufacturer.

11. Call the local store to make sure that they have gotten the case number from their 800 number.

12. Call the local store to set up a delivery date for the new appliance.

I added the unlisted step of calling the local store to ask them to go ahead and order my new appliance in hopes of shortening my wait. They don't stock the product (of course!) and they won't pre-order, even if you have family coming for Thanksgiving. My employees are mad at me because I want to spend all of my day on hold and not see patients. Plus, I'm a grumpy bear.

Here are some move-in weekend pics: Ashton obviously didn't know I had a camera in my hand.

The first cooked and shared meal in the house. Yes, I'll have to make a picture for the first prepared dinner in the house and the first baking that happens. Maybe even more.

The house didn't stay a mess long with my Mother Supreme around.

Papa Murphy's pizza is always a hit!

current music: Aimee Mann: Choice in the Matter

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Despite the lemons, how fun it is to experience the firsts!!!!

The Andersons said...

I'm sure this wasn't AT ALL fun for you, but it was quite amusing for the rest of us who have been through a similar hell. =) Are you singing the Row, Row part to the manufacturers, the repairmen, or to the appliances themselves??

p.s. You do realize that if you continue to talk about food in every post that those of us who are dieting will have to hurt you REAL, REAL bad???

Anonymous said...

we want a new post
we want a new post
we want a new post
new post
new post
new post