Tuesday, February 21, 2006

I might have the lot soon

OK. I got up off my hiney and lifted the fog off the picture. If I could build a house that had a fog around it, I'd give it heavy consideration. Not so much the moat, though. I'm still looking at plans, so thanks to everyone who has sent them my way. Pros of this plan are: 1.Garage is in the back of the house and on the side. Yay! 2.Master bedroom closet space is not like a hallway 3.Laundry room is bigger. Cons are: 1.There is no built in entertainment center in the living room 2.No built in drawers and chest in the master bedroom 3. Everything is bigger.

I've nearly trashed the gameroom idea. It would be nice, but unless I shrink everything else it might be unreasonable. Plus, there's never a plan with a good spot for stairs. I haven't eliminated it yet, though.



currtent music: John Coltrane: The Inch Worm

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could probably put a built-in entertainment center on the right side of the living center, also making a place for the built-in shelves and drawers in the bedroom (just like on the earlier plan). You would have to move the door to the bedroom -- probably have to angle it and use that weird little space to the right of the current door. What is that space, anyway? Of course, it would make your bedroom smaller -- I can't read the dimensions, so my idea may not be so good because it will make your bedroom too small.

The space over the garage will probably be determined by the roof line of the house. Don't give up yet. The garage on the side of the house gives you a lot of privacy in the back yard ... and you will have less fencing to deal with.

Well, lunch time is over. Better get back to work.

Anonymous said...

I would have a chest and drawers built into the ginormous closet. Don't have any ideas on the entertainment center but you might be able to squeeze in stairs where that hall closet is before the utility room. It would shrink the closet a bit for bedroom 3 though. Or, my favorite, a firemans pole!

Baskinoid #3 said...

I think I like this one the best. I couldnt tell what the room was in the lower right until I brought up the bigger image, and found that it was simply a room-sized closet! That Master Bed/bath/closet takes up the entire half of the house!

Also, not having a built-in entertainment center is a big plus, not a downside. I mean, just consider this. Plus, as far as re-sale is concerned, who knows what TV's are going to be like in several years. My vote is always for flexibility and modularity.

Also, the lack of a game room will be just fine. If the big TV is in the living room, none of us are actually going to get up and go into another room just for pool or poker. We dont have the initiative or the audacity for something like that.

In my mind, I'm gone to Carolina....

Anonymous said...

Rick ... Cons 1 & 2 are PROS ! ... and I guess so is Con 3. PLUS !! there's a way for stairs if there is a will to game !

Keep looking at it. See ya soon,

Dad