Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Walking through an empty house, tears in my eyes

Aha! The first indication that this endeavour is actually going to be a test. Silly me!



Rotating the garage and adding the stairs toward the game room are a bust! Look how far out the garage sticks in front of the house. How unattractive! And if I reduce it to a sensible two car garage instead, it cuts the game room to less pinball machines and no pachinko or poker. This ain't doing it for me anymore. Post comments on how it may be improved if you wish. I think it's back to the drawing board...but for an expert. Darn it all, I thought I had identified my right floorplan. Maybe if I instead identify and isolate the important aspects. Enough of this mess. I need to make Angus some eggs.

current music: ABBA: S.O.S.

2 comments:

Baskinoid #3 said...

Too bad, Rick, but at least your priorities are straight. The game room is an absolute necessity ;)

Don't know what options you have as far as floor plans go with your builder, but when we looked into building, we searched the internet for floor plans we liked. Here are some sites that are pretty cool and maybe you can even filter to find only corner lot plans with garages turned to the preferred site...

http://www.dreamhomesource.com
http://www.coolhouseplans.com/
Google Search: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=floor+plan

P.S. Nice use of random linking in the post, I'm sure bobby and ms. unattractive will appreciate it greatly. Oh yeah...nice car, too.

Schlick said...

I'm not into poker, but I hang around some kids that are, or were.

The unattractive link was an inside joke to Randy, then I just went sillily bezerk witht he rest. Thanks for the links! After Tina and I meet with the builder on Friday and get the dimensions of the kitchen and bedrooms, I'll have a reference point to go from and will go surfing.