Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Reevaluation

The jury is still out on the game room issue. The builder is going to give me an apparently very rough estimate on the cost of building it. Now my train of thought has moved down the line and resulted in this: "How many pinball machines does one really need?" I'll keep the Addams Family, and for that matter, probably be buried in it. Everyone loves that one. The older mechanical machines, though...they're hardly played. I could try to reclaim Pinbot and place it and Addams in a 11X12.5 "office," have enough room for nice bookshelves and possibly a desk (why?) and be content. ??? That's surpassing pinball, right? Any thoughts?

This thought process should probably be a shame to me. You'd think I'd agonize about something more pertinent to every day living. I'll bet those who've built are laughing now! The promise is that that agony is yet to come!!!

current music: Bread: It Don't Matter to Me

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, really. Just wait till you're agonizing over what kind of knobs to put on your kitchen cabinets or what kind of tile in your bathroom or what color to paint the walls! I, for one, love the gameroom idea. The more pinball machines the better, I always say.

Anonymous said...

http://www.eplans.com/house-plans.hwx/Q/searchId.103573298/offset.0/Plan.HWEPL06749#floorplan


What about this one? It's a bit smaller square footage-wise but you have a pretty big room upstairs. It has a built in desk in 'nook' area and in the living room.

Schlick said...

That's a cool floor plan. I love the front of the house a whole lot. Coincidentally my mother had e-mailed me the same plan a few posts ago! The problem with it is that it's too wide. I can't go over 70 feet wide because of restrictions on the lot. Also, the kitchen is more isolated from the living room than I want ideally. Otherwise, I gave this one some good consideration. Thanks for the input!

Anonymous said...

At least you have your priorities straight. =)

Any updates?