Saturday, September 02, 2006

Stone in Love

Yay! It's football season. I also have some new pictures of the progress and my countertops. Here is a new picture of the Texas Room and its bookcase. I'm going to have a lot of reading to do. Or something.


Here is a portion of my closet, newly painted. It's going to be a struggle to decide where to hang things. Should I put the shorts near the dresser, or should I hang them on the opposite wall, maximizing potential excercise while donning clothes? Should I hang my sweatshirts or put them in drawers? No wire hangers! I will always beat you!


Here are the new countertops in the untility room. The sink is still in the garage at this point. It's white or biscuit. I can't remember. I wonder why Bill Todd called Kristi Krajca "biscuit?" The open slot is where the ironing board is going to be. Odds are that I'll knock it off within the first 20 uses. It may take until a minute shy of The Rapture for me to use it 20 times. Place your bets!


This is the my bathroom vanity. I'll be standing in the corner washing my hands. This color is called "verde butterfly" and will probably have a greener color when bathroom flood lighting becomes involved. I'm told it goes good with my bedroom green if you crane around the koner. Otherwise, it's black.


Here's a close up, showing more color:


Here is a view from the kitchen pantry, toward the living room. The color of this granite is "black brown." It makes me think that either the bathroom's color should be "black green" or this should be "mocha beetle," but maybe not.


Here's the other side of the kitchen. They had the stove in for one half of one day. I guess it was to make sure it fit with the granite. It all looks great with the cabinetry!


Here's a close up of the coloration:


Here's a picture from the breakfast area looking toward the dining room. I took it to show the lighting that's been installed. I'm wondering if I should put dimmers anywhere?


Here is the living room ceiling with its lighting and air conditioner vent. More dimmers? Dimmers on the outside of the house as well? It'll be a dimmer/closet house then!


Next up, TILE!

current music: R.E.M.: Feeling Gravity's Pull

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rick, i gotta say, beautiful!! Definately put dimmers on everything you can. we have a dimmer in the bathroom, which seems silly but you'd be surprised how much you'd use a dimmer in the bathroom. especially when you get up in the middle of the night to twinkle: you just turn it on low so you can see but not be blinded. can't wait to see the tile!

The Andersons said...

Manly, yes! But I like it too!