Wednesday, April 19, 2006

And after all, you're my wonderwall

Not much happened today on the homefront. I talked to Randy W. He said he'd been out to the lot to flag something or other. Who knows what he was talking about. At some point, you just have to trust the person you've hired to do their job. (Since Randy G. doesn't live here!) But it had to do with the Panic Room, and on that *#&@^ lot on top of that hill it was too *#&@^ windy. So I got a pile of bricks. Someone had also drawn a very straight line on the foundation at what should be the wall between the Panic Room and the study. That didn't merit a picture.


The city must've been out in the last few days, too. I have a water meter:


The next thing I was told to do is check out stains for cabinetry. That sounds like a daunting task to me. I'm also to consider what kind of front door I want. That's almost picked out. I reserve the right to look at a couple more catalogs when they come in, but there's one I like a lot already. I'm pleased that this decision seemed easy. I think that it's going to be easy picking out the kitchen appliances as well. Tina is going to go with me on Saturday morning to look at the different brands, but I've quickly snooted my way to a preliminary choice. Is this an area to splurge some saved cash? I'll let you know this weekend.

I guess I might answer some questions here. And the joke above is that Randy W is a cusser. We know that leaving out the verb in Hebrew intensifies or emphasizes the statement. Why the hell leave out a verb when you can add a few god damn words? It makes more sense. I love English.

Brian: No thanks on taking Gunner. You should have named him "Amaretto," 'cos he thinks he's some kind of fancy licker. There's no carpet planned for the house, but I'm sure my wonderful friends will find an area rug to ruin, post-haste.

Necia: Who knows if I'll make scary faces at the kids. That kind of spontaneous fun just can't be planned in advance. And on Saturday, I'll personally show you where the hoose is.

Concrete floor likers: Yeah, I should have consulted you instead of having the Tina/Linda gang-up while Ron just sat there and laughed. But, it's probably a trend. Tile and wood are cool. You still can't convince me that a visible crack in the foundation is any worse than the crack in tile grout that the same will cause. But tile and wood are cool. Really, they're cool.

Jorin: I link to MSN music because I wasn't convinced that people without iTunes could open those types of links to listen. I'm flattering myself into thinking that people click on my hyperlinks.

Randy: I hope that the land across the street remains undeveloped. It's residential. Hopefully no one will buy out the residents. One of them's Bobby Brown. It's his prerogative to stay.

Fence watchers: I haven't decided on the fence yet, except that it's going to have a concrete footing. Yeah, fences are purty and all, but let me see how bad I've broken the bank by the time I get to that point in the decision making. I've lived for at least 10 years without any window treaments on my fishbowl windowed living room. I may not even get a fence. Just a footer for it. The Ricky Show may go on for years...Rickylicious!

current music: Concrete Blonde: Tomorrow, Wendy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ricky, cabinet stain's easy. It just needs to be the same hue as the wood floors. They can be a lighter or darker shade, but the same hue. You ~have~ picked out the floor color, right? =)

Baskinoid #3 said...

"Amaretto"...thats funny :D

Oasis, baby! Combine that with a killer pun and I'm not sure I can even remain seated, I'm so excited. Sadly, I think your blog titles are rivaling my entire blog about songs in my head. In fact, I'll just post today's "song" here since its not even worthy of a complete post: "Nobody does it like Sara Lee!" Yup, another jingle....*sigh*.

Hey, I think Necia *might* want you to read/comment on her blog. :D

Anonymous said...

So much fun ... just don't spoil it by asking Brian for advice about colors! ;)