Tuesday, April 11, 2006

White lines

I had narrowed down the brick choice to numbers four, five, and six. Six was my first favorite. Four started creeping up as I drove around with my camera. Five a dark horse and late entry.

#6:


#4:


#5:


So I called today to initiate the search for brick. I'm told that sometimes it can take months for certain brick to be available. We don't know what six is yet, but Judy thought that I must really like four because five is exactly the same brick. So I got laughed at. But tell me, do four and five look alike??? They're probably all three the same. Now's when you marvel at how great my eyes are. Because they are. So any difference is in the mortar, and I like the mortar of four best. It's messy. I like it.

Now I get to go back and read your comments/opinions again. I don't think that many liked what I did, but I may be wrong.

current music: Sheryl Crow: If It Makes You Happy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things just got so complicated!

No more favorites here! It is amazing how the close-ups in the similar lighting make such a difference.

I do like the messy mortar look, and #5 now looks more orange.

Whatever you choose will look great!

btw ... No one liked #6 because of the ridiculous white stone. It was hard to tell what the brick looked like.

Anonymous said...

I absolutely and positively LOVE #4!!!

Baskinoid #3 said...

4 is our winner. Messy mortar rocks!

Do it, dawg!

Anonymous said...

Love #4; Hate #5!

Anonymous said...

i think 4.... yes, 4 is my pic.

Anonymous said...

In these closeups, I like #4. It would really help if I knew what the front of the house is going to look like, but I have been know to make decisions with little or no information -- did I admit that? Love ya.