Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Songicism

Ezekiel doesn't have anything on Tina.

I defend the randomness of the music in my last several posts. Not that it would matter if I did pick post-related music. Actually, maybe it's a supercheesy funtastic idea. Yeah, when I started the blog, I did try to reference a song in the title of my posts, ex: "'No one can tell me that I'm doing wrong today,' 'Your bronze skin shining in the sun,' 'Break the bubble, break it up,'" etc., but my old mind can't be stretched far enough to do it for every post. Plus, Henrietta April attacked me for quoting Morrissey. I like my days silent and gray. A feather in your cap if you get the references! My musical geekiness applauds yours.

Here's the evidence from yesterday's pipe post: I was listening to the party shuffle at work, and for once, it was actually on a remarkable string of good music. And @ 3:27PM - Weezer!


Thanks for paying attention! It makes this fun. I can't wait to have everyone over to my new hoose. And today's music? This one's hand picked and referred to above. If you don't know this one, you really really need to. Super happy joy! :O)

current music: James Taylor: Your Smiling Face

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Now how could I criticize someone with more eclectic (or as Andy says, 'odd') taste in music than myself?

And please note, I am no longer Henrietta April. I am now April o' the Boonies.

Baskinoid #3 said...

I know not of Morrissey or "Silent and Gray". I know not of breaking bubbles or bronze skin or even what you are doing wrong today.

I do, however, know James Taylor. And therefore, I must both commend you for your selection, as well as thank you for sending that CD my way.

Jorin